FLP - Good things wont last forever!!

This is a description of the days we all had in Pune, during the FLP. Eventhough we all were together for 2 1/2 months, time flew so quick that those days passed as if it was just for a week that we had FLP.There was joy, fun, comedy and a mixture of all enjoyments

Name:
Location: India

A very fun loving person, who gives lots of importance to friendship. For me life with friends may have some thorns, But a life without friends will not have roses. and My best friend is my dear Mummy. If there is anything good in me its her contribution and if there is anything bad in me, i take the sole responsibility.Ive always enjoyed whatever i do. I loved my college days and now i love my professional life.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Arrey bhai !!

I sincerly thank kerala_smile for helping me out with the introduction about Valyettan, to whom this blog is dedicated..And also our Company who has still left both of us without much work so that we could " work hard" on this.Here comes the intro from kerala_smile and the story from myself..i keep on repeating this because if any diaster happens after the blog comes out, i'll have kerala_smile also to share the after-effects.
2day our forever-blushing editorji has decided to target her guns on 1 of the quieter persons of the FLP batch.. the 1 n only vallyettan.. I remember the 1st time I met him.. it was the day v all landed in pune.. going by the principle of safety in numbers, v were reigning in the mallus of our group, as n wen they checked in the hotel.. so there were 4 of us and we were watching the spectacle of a pretty swanky baaraat in its full swing.. there we were.. passing comments abt the over-made up ladies, the cute chicks n the obese but spirited old men.. all of them dancing merrily away.. then this lanky guy comes up2 us n hesitantly ask us.. “ u hav joined kanbay now.. rite..? “ n then saving us further embarrassment he comes straight 2 the point..” malayalees..?” btw, that was the last time I heard him speak in English 4 some time.. like any self respecting mallu, he 2 doesnt use English much no matter hw much he's well versed in it.. he has as much knowledge of hindi as I have of my project.. and he isn’t hesitant 2 admit it.. but his tamil is as fluent as his malayalam . but I suppose that’s expected of any1 from palakkad.. so much 4 his linguistic skills..
Quite a jovial character, he tends 2 open up within his group only.. he is hardworking and focussed though he tries 2 put up a façade of not being so.. just like our hyd_mallu does.. I seriously dont remember how he earned his vallyettan nickname.. but I think theres no1 who seems fitter 2 wear it.. he is very dedicated and i'm sure his FLP project team mates would vouch 4 it.. esp. bluffmaster-ki-maa who often sought refuge with regular truants like maama n kerala-smile( who happened 2 b a contact point himself.. some lead.uh..?yes..he was my project lead...where I was the only girl..surrouonded by maama, karate,bluffmaster and kerala_smile).. so much so that by the 3rd day she was given restraining orders by valyettan.. not 2 b seen in the above said people's vicinity. She claims 2 this day that she actually did some work and it was just bad company that got her in trouble.

You ask in any language to him he will answer, except HINDI. For him Chinese would be easier than our national language. All his trials to master it had been in vain. But his honest effort to give a try on using Hindi wherever possible has to be appreciated. There was one incident that goes like this : He was on his way back from kerala after attending his sister's marriage. He reached Pune and hired a taxi to reach his flat. On reaching the destination, he got down and asked the fare. the taxi driver replied "500, sir". Valyettan was astonished to hear such a large amount for a short distance and was going to ask him why so and to reduce it. yes, he started speaking.....that too in Hindi !!!!! "Arrey bhaiii"...then there was a full stop, (he didn't know how to ask about the rate, in Hindi..) Finally he took out Rs.500 from his purse and decently gave it to the confused driver, who was waiting for the remaining sentence..

One day Valyettan and hyd_mallu went to the canteen for their 4 'o' clock snacks. While hyd_mallu ate a samosa, valyettan preferred vada. They had their snacks and hyd_mallu approached to pay for it. He took the money and handed it over to the canteen person saying " samosa aur vada"...Suddenly Valyettan came running saying " not 'or' , its 'and'..samosa and vada"

I also take this space to ask anyone to lend me some money for the hospital charges because I dont know whether he will spare me after reading this!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nesmel Hussain said...

arrey bhaai... yeh sab kyaa bakwaas hein? aur
yeh sab bahuth manoranjak hein..!!

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats